Guaranteed Ride Home
PAU has a Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) program for infrequent situations in which a student, staff or faculty member needs to return home quickly. PAU will reimburse a student, staff member or faculty member of the Palo Alto University community. The maximum allowable GRH reimbursed trips per 12 month period is six (6). Click here to download the reimbursement form.
The terms are simple:
Participants are eligible to use guaranteed ride home as long as they have used a commute alternative on the day they need assistance.
PAU will accept reimbursement requests for trips using: taxi, rental car, rideshare technology apps (Lyft, Uber, etc.), or public transit. For taxis, taxi fare plus a 15% tip is admissible. For rental cars, GRH will reimburse for a one-day, economy class rental car.
You will be reimbursed for the trip home if:
- You or an immediate family member suffers an illness, injury, or severe crisis (for staff)
- You are asked by your supervisor to work unscheduled overtime
- Your ridesharing vehicle breaks down or the driver has to leave early for an emergency
- You have a break-in, flood, or fire at your residence
The Guaranteed Ride Home MAY NOT BE USED FOR:
- Personal errands
- Pre-planned medical or dental appointments for participants or commute vehicle driver
- Business-related travel
- Working overtime without a supervisor’s request
- Non-emergency side trips on the way home
- Ambulance service
- Trips to work
For more information, contact Lori Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org)