Library Research Help
The PAU Library is committed to providing conscientious research support to the PAU community.
To help navigate and utilize researching tools like databases, citation and reference management systems—as well as instill useful searching techniques—the PAU librarians are here!
Types of Research Help
Struggling to find articles for a paper? We can help with that! Our librarians are well-versed in web and database searching.
Using various platforms, students and faculty can access key databases in the fields of psychology and counseling. Our librarians are happy to help in the search for pertinent literature using these databases as well as through web-based and interlibrary methods.
Among some of these essential resources we use and can provide help with include:
- APA PsycInfo
- Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (PQDT) Global
- Nexis Uni with LexisNexis
- Google Scholar
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Services
Using Reference Tools
Need help organizing and formatting your citations? Searching for current definitions and resources in clinical practice? The PAU Library provides access to various reference tools and can provide help with accessing and using them.
Among the reference tools and resources available to the PAU community include:
- APA Publication Manual 7th Edition
- PsychiatryOnline with DSM
- Oxford Clinical Psychology
In addition to database and reference resources, the PAU Library offers access to a specific collection of materials for the PAU community.
Whether having difficulty finding certain materials or figuring out how to download or view them, our librarians are readily available to help in accessing them.
Among the materials included in the PAU Library collection include:
- Print Books and eBooks
- DVDs and Streaming Videos
- Test Kits and Measures
General Research/Other Help
Have another question about your researching needs? Sometimes you may simply need help starting the research process—that's OK!
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions throughout your researching endeavors.
How to Get Research Help
Get research help whenever you need it by reaching out to your PAU Librarians by emailing email@example.com.
We can provide research help in the following the ways:
- Email Exchange: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Video Conferencing: Zoom, Google Meets, etc.
- Phone: To get in touch with the library's main desk line, call (650) 433-3808.
- For more information on how to reach the PAU Librarians, visit our Contact Us page.