Undergraduate in Psychology FAQ's

Palo Alto University's Undergradute Programs Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Q. What is the difference between a B.S. (Bachelor of Science) and a B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) degree?

A. Palo Alto University (PAU) only offers Bachelor of Science degrees. A Bachelor of Science degree focuses more on science and mathematics courses and is opportune for achieving a psychology degree. A Bachelor of Arts degree, on the other hand, deals with more liberal arts courses and requires people to take courses not necessary for achieving a psychology degree, such as foreign language courses.


Q. How long will it take to get my B.S. (Bachelor of Science) degree at Palo Alto University?

A. All of the undergraduate programs at Palo Alto University are designed as bachelor completion programs.  This means that students are guaranteed a fast track, 2 year program.  Curriculums are carefully arranged so that students are able to build a strong knowledge base as they progress through the sequence.


Q. What is the difference between the undergraduate "day programs" and the "hybrid programs"? 

A. Palo Alto University offers programs that fit a variety of schedules.  The undergraduate day programs are a more classic approach to college, with classes held weekdays in the mornings and early afternoons.  For those with work, family, or other commitments, PAU offers hybrid programs in Business Psychology.  This programs are structured such that students take most of their classes online, with only one "live" class in the evenings once a week, per quarter.  Both programs are a 2 years long. 


Q. How often does Palo Alto University accept students?

A. Students are accepted once a year for the Fall term (see academic calendar for dates).  This is allows the various programs to keep a cohort structure and tuition stabilization.  PAU has a rolling admissions policy for accepting applications, and students may apply online at any time throughout the year.  Applying to the undergraduate programs is free.


Q. What is rolling admissions?

A. PAU maintains rolling admissions when dealing with undergraduate applications.  This means that applications are accepted at any time throughout the year.  As qualified applications are received, students are notified of their acceptance status quickly and efficiently.  This allows students to apply early, plan ahead, and prepare for their educational plans.


Q. What is a cohort?

A. The undergraduate programs are structured in cohort systems.  Entering a cohort will mean that students take classes with the same people throughout their two years in the PAU programs.  This allows students to get to know their peers personally, and helps create a strong network of friends and professional connections.  The cohort system enhances a student's academic experiences by creating an environment that is more conducive to collaborative learning.


Q. What is tuition stabilization?

A. Palo Alto University maintains a tuition stabilization program, which means that the tuition a student pays for the first year will be the same tuition that they will pay for their second year.  Tuition will not increase as they move towards completing their degree in two years at PAU.


Q. What are the requirements to transfer into the undergraduate programs?

A. Transferring into PAU's undergrad programs is easy and convenient.  Students are required to have completed 84 units of transferrable credit, plus an Introduction to Psychology course.  Transfers from community colleges are welcome, as are students from CSUs, UCs, and other universities from around the country.  Contact PAU's admissions office today to obtain more information and to meet with an admissions counselors and go over program options:

Undergraduate Admissions Office 

Palo Alto University
(408) 417-2050


Q. Are there scholarships and financial aid available?

A. Yes!  Since PAU is an accredit institution, students are eligible to receive Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  This gives students both grant and loan options when paying for school.  Private scholarship are also available through PAU and vary quarter by quarter.  Check with the financial aid office for details and deadlines.


Q. What options are there for students to get involved in extra curricular activities?

A. There are many options for students to get involved; learn more HERE. 





Created by potrace 1.15, written by Peter Selinger 2001-2017