SALUTE Honor Society
SALUTE is the only national honor society in the nation recognizing and honoring the service and the scholastic achievments of student veterans, and active military, in 2-year and 4-year institutions of higher education. SALUTE was formed in 2009 by the Colorado State University Veterans Office thanks to a grant by the American Council of Education and Wal-Mart Foundation.
Benefits of individual membership include:
- One-time $35 payment for lifetime membership
- A certificate and military-style challenge coin commemorating membership in SALUTE and specific level of academic achievement
- Eligible for SALUTE Scholarships
- Enhance your resume with formal academic acknowledgement and engage in local leadership positions
- Opportunities to network, as well as, receive and give assistance to fellow student veteran members
- Wear SALUTE Honor regalia to demonstrate academic achievements as a veteran status at graduation
- Participate in local, and National, SALUTE programs
- Letters of recommendation
- Federal hiring preference with honors merit
SALUTE AT PAU
To qualify for SALUTE, applicants need:
To complete the application process, click on link below.
Release from active duty with an honorable discharge (form DD-214) or if serving on active duty or in the Guard or Reserves must submit a copy of orders for their current duty assignment.
For Undergraduates - 12 credit hours of undergraduate work completed at your institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
For Graduate students - 9 credit hours of graduate work completed at your institution with a GPA of 3.5 or higher;
Pay $35 membership fee to https://salute-colostate.nbsstore.net/salute-individual-membership and provide a copy of receipt to the SALUTE Chapter Advisor.