Master's Degree Programs
Palo Alto University master's degree programs are offered at three Northern California locations and globally online.
Palo Alto University master's degrees prepare students to help individuals, families or communities improve their lives through counseling or therapeutic intervention. A PAU Master's degree equips graduates with education, experience and credentials to pursue their career goals or continue on to doctoral studies.
Palo Alto University offers the following degree programs and areas of emphasis:
- M.A. Counseling. A terminal Master's degree that prepares students to see clients as a licensed therapist or counselor. There are two areas of emphasis. The Marriage, Family, and Child emphasis fulfills all requirements for MFT licensure in the State of California. The Clinical Mental Health emphasis fulfills all requirements for LPCC licensure in California and many other U.S. states and countries.
- M.S. Psychology (Ph.D. Prep). A program designed to prepare students for admission to Palo Alto University's Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology program. Students who do not continue to doctoral programs are awarded an M.S. in Psychology degree, which supports career advancement in many fields of endeavor.
- M.S. Organizational and Business Psychology (Pending approval by the WASC Senior College and University Commission) An innovative online program for working professionals interested in careers related to human performance in the workplace. The program is projected to launch in 2016.
Benefits of PAU's Approach: Rigorous Academics and Flexible Formatting
- Evening and online programs are designed for working people, leading to licensure in the chosen area of emphasis.
- World-renowned faculty have rich research-based backgrounds and excellent instructional methods.
- PAU focuses on counseling, psychology education, research, clinical training and practice in a diversity of cultures.
- Guaranteed class registration ensures timely degree completion.
- Tuition stabilization means no tuition increases for the duration of the program.
- Physical and online campuses serve Silicon Valley, the Monterey Bay area and students across the globe.
- Well-established resource network provides practicum placements, careers and student support.
- Regional accreditation for all degrees is by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Culturally-relevant clinical training for international students that combines distance learning with local training in the student's country.