M.A. in Counseling - Mental Health/Family Emphasis
(Online Low Residency)
No need to uproot your life to go back to school—Palo Alto University’s online program allows you to study from anywhere.
Our regionally accredited program is delivered 98 percent online, with only two weeks of the approximately two-year program requiring you to visit campus.
The dynamics and interaction of a traditional classroom are not lost.
Hands-on experience, through required practicum and internship, can also be completed in your own home community.
- Each summer, students come to the Palo Alto campus for one week of intensive study and competency based skill training.
- Otherwise, all required coursework is delivered through an online learning platform that supports all aspects of your learning experience.
- Today’s multimedia technologies enable students to still share ideas and critical thought, as well as examine clinical case studies – even if they are on opposite sides of the country.
- Lectures, discussion boards, real-time interactions and interactive experiences are all used to facilitate the educational experience.
- Palo Alto University will assist you in finding a suitable placement in your community and provide ongoing support through the practicum and internship process.
- Supervision will occur both at your field placement, as well as with PAU faculty via distance.